Pages

Jun 30, 2012

Cabin in the woods

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya:
"Let me 'splain."
[pause]
"No, there is too much.  Let me sum up."


But instead of,
"Buttercup is marry Humperdinck in little less than half an hour,"
I will say:

I have the funniest, awesomest, bestest family ever.
And our first-ever reunion was awesome.

We had matching shirts,
and had quite a time getting everyone to look at the camera
while balanced on a log.




We had a marshmallow war.
We Dixons take our mallow shooting very seriously.




We played lots of games (mostly late at night).
Headbands+popcorn+Oreos+midnight=so.much.laughter.
Especially when Dad's word is "underwear"
and Mom talks about being 75 years old.







We enjoyed a full game of Dixon Jeopardy.
I considered the endeavor a success when laughter turned into wheezing
and no one except the subject got the Final Jeopardy question correct.
{Go me.}



Each family took turns cooking.
We all brought {and ate} waaaaay too much food.


We hiked a lot.
Greer, Arizona is just beautiful.
And watching Myron, Eric, Garry, and Zach skip rocks was amazing.




  











We went swimming in Show Low.
I didn't take any pictures.

Some of the family went shooting a couple of times.
Those who stayed home painted fingernails
or went to the movies.











The cousins (and siblings) played together.
This was a major highlight for the out-of-town sector of the family
(that would be the Bartles).












We will always remember that Greer Glen "wasn't the Taj Mahal,"
but even though there were lots of bugs and it was kinda hot without a/c
and lots of the light switches didn't work
and our bed was made of granite
and the property had even less grass than the Gobi Desert,
our little cabin in the woods was just perfect.

That's because we were all there,
and we had a great time together.
Let's do it again, folks!

7 comments:

Grandma said...

Sounds like you had a blast.

granny said...

Love, love, love you all...I had such a good time. Love this documentation.

Melanie said...

Love these pictures! My favorite is the one of the family laughing while playing the game (taken from above). What a great event! Kudos to all of you for making it happen! (and thanks for documenting the reunion!)

Shannon said...

Great for you! Looks like so much fun. I'll admit I'm a bit jealous our family doesn't do the same. I too love the pic taken from above with everyone laughing. Priceless.

Cara said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I like following your life (from a distance!) Where did you get the reunion shirts?

Jill said...

Your post made me so excited to see my own family in less than a week. Not so excited about the 36 hour road trip though. ;)
Aren't families the greatest!?

Heidi said...

haha

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share